General Foreman - Senior Site Supervisors | AUS - Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Feb-2019|
Multiplex is a premier, global construction company, shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects for over 55 years. At our best bringing large-scale and complex structures to life, our construction expertise stretches across the entire property sector. Our work to date of current and completed projects comprises more than 1000 jobs with a combined value of more than $80 billion, and the financial strength and global relationships of our parent company Brookfield continues to drive our growth today.
Building our Talent
Experienced, driven and delivery-focused, our Senior Site Supervisors/General Foremen make sure we outperform on high-profile projects. In this key role, you'll lead teams of Site Supervisors/Foremen, sub-contractors, consultants and construction workers. You'll create programs of work, assign tasks and guarantee that everyone on site delivers on time, to cost and to safety and building standards. This job is about collaboration and focus: building great relationships right across your team. That's how you drive the best results. That's how we work.
- Running a safe site through developing safety plans, auditing sub-contractors and carrying out regular inspections to ensure both OH&S and Multiplex standards are met
- Driving the performance of large, multi-skilled teams to meet project goals
- Putting together and implementing programs of work, making sure everyone understands the part they play
- Staying across all programs, keeping everything on schedule and keeping management up to date
- Monitoring, motivating and mentoring Site Supervisors/Foremen and junior team members
- Setting standards and objectives to ensure successful delivery
- Work closely with sub-contractors and consultants to smooth over day-to-day construction and design issues.
Key Skillset Required:
- Expert knowledge of building and construction Trades, supported by substantial experience or qualifications
- Proven site experience on mid to large-scale commercial projects
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Building Code of Australia
- Confidence reading drawings
- A hands-on understanding of structures, steel, finishers and services.
Why join Multiplex?
Our business is built on our people. People who are powerful thinkers that seek rewarding partnerships with others and thrive in a culture of empowerment.
Self-motivated to perform beyond expectations, our people enjoy a supportive environment and plenty of opportunity which enables everyone to flourish. We have an experienced team of people intent on turning problems into opportunities and tackling projects that others say can't be done. Our innovative spirit has driven us for more than 55 years and made us a business that our people are proud of.
If you have what it takes to deliver as part of an experienced team, click APPLY.
Please note: this role is being sourced through Multiplex directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies