OHSE Coordinator (Project Based) | AUS - Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| OHSE Coordinator - 2018.pdf (PDF, 155KB)
OHSE Coordinator (Project Based) - 2018.pdf (PDF, 155KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2019|
Multiplex is a premier, global construction company, shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects for over 55 years. At our best bringing large-scale and complex structures to life, our construction expertise stretches across the entire property sector. Our work to date of current and completed projects comprises more than 1000 jobs with a combined value of more than $80 billion, and the financial strength and global relationships of our parent company Brookfield continues to drive our growth today.
We are seeking applications from experienced OHSE Coordinators who have solid & proven experience working on large scale commercial construction projects, and who are looking to further develop their career as part of the Multiplex safety group here in NSW.
Building our Talent
As the successful OHSE Coordinator you will be required to provide support to the project team in the areas of OHSE management and compliance. You will also be required to develop meaningful and productive relationships with all stakeholders, maintaining records and databases whilst working with the project team to identify opportunities for continuous improvement. You will join an experienced team that understands the importance of a collaborative, focused and results driven working environment.
- Identify and evaluate cost effective opportunities managing OHS and Environment risks
- Ensure training and other records are maintained effectively and in compliance with relevant legislation
- Understand and advise on safety health and environmental management systems and processes
- Liaise with subcontractors to ensure they comply with Multiplex requirements prior to undertaking works.
- Undertake regular OHS&E inspections
- Deliver site Induction training.
- Ensure induction records, equipment and site spaces are maintained to a high standard.
- Actively participate in emergency response simulations and situations.
- Assist with OHS and Environmental audits as required.
Key Skillset Required:
- Tertiary qualifications in OHSE (or equivalent)
- Experience gained within the building/construction industry
- Sound knowledge of applicable legislation, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and other relevant documentation
- Knowledge of risk management
- Qualification in Workplace Training & Assessment
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and improve Health and Safety outcomes
Why join Multiplex
Our business is built on our people. People who are powerful thinkers that seek rewarding partnerships with others and thrive in a culture of empowerment.
Self-motivated to perform beyond expectations, our people enjoy a supportive environment and plenty of opportunity which enables everyone to flourish. We have an experienced team of people intent on turning problems into opportunities and tackling projects that others say can't be done. Our innovative spirit has driven us for more than 55 years and made us a business that our people are proud of.