WHS&E Coordinator (Operations Team) | AUS - Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| WHS&E Coordinator (Operations Team).pdf (PDF, 161KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Feb-2019|
Multiplex is a premier, global construction company, shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects for over 55 years. At our best bringing large-scale and complex structures to life, our construction expertise stretches across the entire property sector. Our work to date of current and completed projects comprises more than 1000 jobs with a combined value of more than $80 billion, and the financial strength and global relationships of our parent company Brookfield continues to drive our growth today.
Building our Talent
We are currently seeking an experienced WHS&E Coordinator who is looking to further develop your career as part of our Safety Group in NSW. As the WHS&E Coordinator you will be required to provide support to the project team in the areas of WHS&E management and compliance. You will also be required to develop meaningful and productive relationships with all stakeholders, maintain records and databases and work with the project team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide professional WHS&E advice to site based personnel
- Conduct regular safety inspection walks to ensure the project meets all the WHS&E requirements
- Conduct subcontractor WHS&E audits to ensure compliance
- Support the project to meet the minimum requirements for risk management
- Provide continual improvements to the safety operating system
- Review incident statistics and report on any patterns and learning's
- Identify cost effective solutions for project WHS&E issues
- Assist with the production of the monthly WHS&E report
- Liaise with other stakeholders (Union personnel, WorkSafe, Government Authorities, WorkCover, adjacent businesses and occupiers)
Key skillset required:
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS&E (or equivalent)
- Certificate IV in Environmental Management
- Experience gained within the building/construction industry
- Sound knowledge of applicable legislation, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and other relevant documentation
- Knowledge of risk management
- Qualification in Workplace Training & Assessment
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence and improve Health and Safety outcomes
Why join Multiplex
Our business is built on our people. People who are powerful thinkers that seek rewarding partnerships with others and thrive in a culture of empowerment.
Self-motivated to perform beyond expectations, our people enjoy a supportive environment and plenty of opportunity which enables everyone to flourish. We have an experienced team of people intent on turning problems into opportunities and tackling projects that others say can't be done. Our innovative spirit has driven us for more than 55 years and made us a business that our people are proud of.
Please note: these roles are being sourced through Multiplex directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies