Financial Controller - Financial Accounting and Reporting (Europe) | UK - London
|Category:||Accounting / Finance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2019|
At Multiplex, we've got the boldness to take on projects others say can't be done. We have the entrepreneurial spirit to challenge preconceived ideas. And we've got the determination to unlock and deliver value where others cannot see it.
We are a leading international contractor with a reputation for taking on, and overcoming the impossible.
We are changing skylines across the globe. As a pioneering construction business, we design and build complex, iconic and sustainable structures that add to the economic, cultural and community life in the areas we operate.
Financial Controller- Financial Accounting & Reporting (Europe)
Based at Head Office close to Liverpool street station, the position will report to the Head of Finance Europe with a dotted line report to the Group Finance Controller.
As Financial Controller you role will:
- Provide support to the HoF Europe and Group FC as required
- Be accountable for all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for all European operating entities (core operations in UK) - collective portfolio value £1.1 billion.
- Accountability over the credit control and AR/AP team.
- Management of the Regional Financial Accounting & Reporting Team and all aspects of month-end close and reporting.
- Accountable for compliance with SOX requirements and ensuring the latest documented controls are up to date.
- All aspects of planning budgeting and forecasting
- Acting as the main contact for the internal and external auditors for audit planning and execution
- Compliance with Tax including VAT, corporation tax and other relevant considerations
- Representing the UK business for IFS system initiatives to drive and align Global Process
- Process improvement
- All aspects of Management, statutory and regulatory reporting
- Fully ACA Qualified
- Experience of working in the Construction (or similar) industry
- Demonstrable experience in Finance leadership roles
- Experience using IFS would be highly desirable
- Strong problem solving and commercial acumen
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly accurate, detail oriented and able to demonstrate bigger picture thinking
- Previous change management/system implementation exposure is desirable
A more diverse portfolio
With a diverse portfolio of work covering sectors from commercial, health and retail to infrastructure, residential, tourism and education, we can offer a career that never stops moving. As an organisation proud of our collaborative approach, you will find approachable colleagues and leaders enthusiastic about sharing their expertise and listening to yours.
Think like an entrepreneur
We want you to think and act like this is your business, forming close relationships with your clients, colleagues and subcontractors. In return, you'll discover excellent scope to develop and progress. You'll build a career you are proud of and help us to keep doing things differently.
Multiplex is an equal opportunities employer