Junior Copywriter | UK - London
|Category:||Bid Management / New Business|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jan-2019|
Multiplex has been delivering landmark property and infrastructure assets for over 50 years. We are a leading international construction contractor with a focus on sustainable growth and a presence in Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Australia and India. We have built a reputation in the marketplace for our collaborative, flexible approach – working in partnership with our clients and maintaining a shared focus on the final goal.
Due to the continued growth of our business, we are currently recruiting for a Junior Copywriter.
The principal responsibility of the Junior Copywriter is to help the copywriting team ensure high written standards across Multiplex's internal and external communications, including bid submissions, intranet articles, website content, press releases and award submissions.
The Junior Copywriter assists the copywriting team to ensure all written communications are in line with the Multiplex tone of voice, house style and brand, and acts as a champion of high quality writing across the wider business.
This is a great opportunity for a junior writer to gain experience of both corporate communications and working in a fast-paced bid team.
The position is based at our head office in the City of London.
Qualifications and additional experience
- Bachelor's degree in English language or literature, journalism, or similar
- Excellent standards of written English; strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- The ability to communicate with (and interview) subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines and at all levels of the business
- The ability to take complex technical information and rewrite it concisely and clearly
- The ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to operate outside of normal working hours when necessary to meet deadlines
- Experience of the bid process is desirable but not essential
- Experience of the construction industry is desirable but not essential
A more diverse portfolio
With a diverse portfolio of work covering sectors from commercial, health and retail to infrastructure, residential, tourism and education, we can offer a career that never stops moving. As an organisation proud of our collaborative approach, you will find approachable colleagues and leaders enthusiastic about sharing their expertise and listening to yours.
Think like an entrepreneur
We want you to think and act like this is your business, forming close relationships with your colleagues. In return, you will have excellent scope to develop and progress, building a career you can be proud of and helping us to keep doing things differently.
Multiplex is an equal opportunities employer.