Co-Op Placement - May 2019 | CAN - Toronto
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
Multiplex Construction Canada is currently recruiting eager, hard-working and ambitious students who are ready to start a great career in the Construction industry. Your first week and while on the job, you will support construction projects under the guidance of a construction professional. You will be provided with on the job training that will give you a fundamental understanding of the way we run our business. You will be exposed to areas such as Health & Safety, Project & Risk Management, Sustainability, Scheduling, Quality Systems, Estimating, Design, Document Control, Contracts Administration, Commercial Systems, Mechanical/Electrical & Designs, and more.
Responsibilities May Include
- Responsible for supporting the execution of project plans by working collaboratively with Subcontractors, Estimating, Scheduling, Construction and HSEQ teams.
- Attend site meetings
- Assist in the development and implementation of short term programs of work
- Proactively look at ways to reduce potential roadblocks and ways to accelerate schedules
- Assist the Project Manager with issuing subcontracts, P.O.'s and related paperwork
- Assist in the tracking of project deficiencies
- Manage the flow of project documentation, including interpreting contract scope, shop drawings and specifications
- Track project costs and report to the Project Manager.
- Coordinate the procurement of all resources in a timely manner to maintain the project schedule.
Education and Experience
- We are looking for students who are currently enrolled in post-secondary school with availability to start in May 2019
- Currently enrolled in a Construction Engineering or related degree or diploma program
- Strong communication skills- both verbal and written
- Team player
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook. Experience with BIM and Bluebeam would be an asset
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task; prioritize and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail; focused on delivering the best products and solutions
- Able to work at a fast pace with changing priorities
- Ambitious and driven
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness and desire to excel in the construction industry
- Based on a project site with high possibility of exposure to hazardous materials
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, light lifting, climbing stairs
- Working at heights
- Noise distractions
- Strong commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our employees – We are a OHSAS 18001 and CSA Z1000 accredited company
- A team-oriented and progressive workplace that recognizes and rewards the “outside the box” approach
- Dedicated to developing successful employees – We invest in our people and provide a wealth of career development opportunities across job functions
Multiplex is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in line with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Multiplex will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.