Logistics Manager | UK - London
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2019|
At Multiplex, we've got the boldness to take on projects others say can't be done. We have the entrepreneurial spirit to challenge preconceived ideas. And we've got the determination to unlock and deliver value where others cannot see it.
We are a leading international contractor with a reputation for taking on, and overcoming the impossible
We are changing skylines across the globe. As a pioneering construction business, we design and build complex, iconic and sustainable structures that add to the economic, cultural and community life in the areas we operate.
We have opportunities for Logistics Managers to join us on some of the cities most exciting construction projects. Roles are based in Central London
- Responsible for scheduling the crane and hoist usage on site in order to deliver materials to work faces
- Organization of the weekly/monthly deliveries to site (times, dates, special dispensation/requirements, notifiable loads)
- Key on-site contact for Subcontractors (holding weekly meetings, site walks with mangers)
- Delegating general labour for site team maintenance, hoarding, security etc.
- Waste Management
- Environmental Impact Assessments – Section 61
- Positive engagement with the local council and community and general Site supervision
- Must have worked on a busy city site for an extended period of time as a Logistics Manager
- Inner city Traffic Management experience
- Prior experience of planning and programme management is essential
- Strong Occupational H&S knowledge – an understanding of risks inherent in the logistics activity is essential
- Knowledge of local authority regulation (section 61)
- CSCS Card (essential) and SMSTS (desirable)
A more diverse portfolio
With a diverse portfolio of work covering sectors from commercial, health and retail to infrastructure, residential, tourism and education, we can offer a career that never stops moving. As an organisation proud of our collaborative approach, you will find approachable colleagues and leaders enthusiastic about sharing their expertise and listening to yours.
Think like an entrepreneur
We want you to think and act like this is your business, forming close relationships with your clients, colleagues and subcontractors. In return, you'll discover excellent scope to develop and progress. You'll build a career you are proud of and help us to keep doing things differently.
Multiplex is an equal opportunities employer