Regional Accountant - Construction | AUS - Melbourne
|Category:||Accounting / Finance|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jan-2019|
Multiplex is a premier, global construction company, shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects for over 55 years. At our best bringing large-scale and complex structures to life, our construction expertise stretches across the entire property sector. Our work to date of current and completed projects comprises more than 1000 jobs with a combined value of more than $80 billion, and the financial strength and global relationships of our parent company Brookfield continues to drive our growth today.
Building our Talent
We are currently searching for a high calibre Accountant who is ready to develop their career as part of our Regional Accounting team based in Melbourne HQ. As a member of the team, you will provide high quality financial and management reporting, budgeting/forecasting to enable accurate & informed decision making for the region. There is also the responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the region's general ledger and supporting finance in meeting its deliverables and aiming for continual process improvement.
- Management of monthly cash forecasting
- Monthly management reporting requirements
- GL reconciliations – Monthly
- Review and code intercompany transactions
- Annual FBT Returns
- Liaise with external auditors and internal corporate accounting team for monthly and quarterly financial accounts
- Posting of journal entries
- Posting of monthly construction work in progress entries
- Monthly GST BAS return
Key Skillset Required:
- Accounting degree qualified and studying towards CA / CPA qualification
- Proven experience in both Management & Financial Accounting
- Solid analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent level of verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Exposure to Oracle, CHEOPS or IFS Accounting software an advantage
- Relevant Construction, Engineering or Infrastructure industry experience
Why join Multiplex?
Our business is built on our people. People who are powerful thinkers that seek rewarding partnerships with others and thrive in a culture of empowerment.
Self-motivated to perform beyond expectations, our people enjoy a supportive environment and plenty of opportunity which enables everyone to flourish. We have an experienced team of people intent on turning problems into opportunities and tackling projects that others say can't be done. Our innovative spirit has driven us for more than 55 years and made us a business that our people are proud of.
For further information, please visit www.multiplexcareers.global
Please note: this role is being sourced through Multiplex directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies