Night Superintendent | CAN - Toronto
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Nov-2019|
At Multiplex, we are changing skylines across the globe. As a pioneering construction business, we design and build complex, iconic and sustainable structures that add to the economic, cultural and community life in the areas we operate. We've got the boldness to take on projects others say can't be done. We have the entrepreneurial spirit to challenge preconceived ideas. And we've got the determination to unlock and deliver value where others cannot see it.
Working in a collaborative, innovative, fast paced environment, the Night Superintendent will be based on a project site and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure sub-contractors are working to site construction program
- Develop and implement short-term programs of work
- Ensure that at all times Multiplex MEA's H&S policies and guidelines are strictly adhered to and the site safety plan is implemented in a timely manner
- Ensure that construction work is in accordance with the Safe Work Method
- Proactively looking to reduce potential roadblocks and ways to accelerate the schedule
- Seek to find more efficient ways of conducting work on site while maintaining the integrity and quality of work performed
- Monitor and review programs to ensure time requirements are met providing regular progress reports to Site and Project Managers
- Monitor and inspect the work of sub-contractors to ensure quality of work, adherence to schedules and satisfactory completion of works
- Manage the rectification of defects and satisfactory completion of work
- Consult with sub-contractor and consultants to resolve day-to-day construction and design issues
- Maintain an up-to-date daily Site Diary and materials supply records
- Adhere to procedures for purchasing requisitions and site instructions
- Supervise and co-ordinate the tasks and activities of construction workers and sub-contractors to ensure satisfactory completion of works
- Effectively communicate with project team as it pertains to the daily work activities, project milestones and schedule adherence
- When allocating work or variations to sub-contractors, ensure such work is within the contract budget
Who are we looking for?
You will have previous experience as a Superintendent within the construction industry, working on high value projects. This experience will have provided you with the ability to understand the key principles involved in scheduling and planning, specifications and contract documents. You will have knowledge of OH&S legislation, policies and procedures.
With a diverse portfolio of work covering sectors from commercial, health and retail to infrastructure, residential, tourism and education, we can offer a career that never stops moving. As an organisation proud of our collaborative approach, you will find approachable colleagues and leaders enthusiastic about sharing their expertise and listening to yours.
Multiplex is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in line with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Multiplex will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.