Project Coordinator | CAN - Toronto
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Nov-2019|
Multiplex Construction Canada is a leading global contractor with a Canadian office established in 2010. We are at our best creating large-scale and complex landmark buildings, commercial structures and infrastructure projects while consistently upholding to our core values: Care. Innovation. Collaboration. Outperformance.
We are a leading stand-alone business with a reputation for delivering – no matter how great the challenge. We respond decisively, harnessing the expert skills and capabilities of our team to create inspiring and exceptional outcomes. Our success is built on our people and our clients are part of our team; we share our knowledge, insights and ideas to find a better way of doing things.
Working collaboratively with Consultants, Estimators, Schedulers and Construction teams, the Project Coordinator assists with developing and maintaining the project schedule and budget for the project's construction requirements. In this role, your key responsibilities will be;
- Assist the Project Manager with the overall project execution including costs, schedule, document control, quality and project status
- Manage the flow of all documentation for the project, Sub-trades and site
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the client and trades
- Track costs on the project and report to Project Manager
- Assist the Project Manager with issuing subcontracts, P.O.'s and related paperwork
- Coordinate the procurement of resources in a timely manner to maintain project schedule
- Attend site meetings and record minutes as required
- Assist in the tracking of project deficiencies
- Record and document specific instructions such as color/suite selections
- Involvement in all aspects of project closeout
- Other ad hoc duties as requested
Who are we looking for?
You will have 3 -7 years of experience as a Project Coordinator or Field Engineer in the construction industry working for a general contracting construction company. This experience with project management and/or scheduling software (eg. MS Project, Aconex) will have provided you with the ability to understand the key principles involved reviewing, analyzing and effectively critiquing building plans, specifications and contract documents. You will have proven ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and enjoy working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
With a diverse portfolio of work covering sectors from commercial, health and retail to infrastructure, residential, tourism and education, we can offer a career that never stops moving. As an organisation proud of our collaborative approach, you will find approachable colleagues and leaders enthusiastic about sharing their expertise and listening to yours.
Multiplex is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in line with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Multiplex will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.