Design Manager (Defence) | AUS - Melbourne
|Category:||Bid Management / New Business|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Design Manager - VIC - Defence Projects.pdf (PDF, 229KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Mar-2020|
Multiplex is a premier, global construction company, shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects for over 55 years.
We are at our best bringing large-scale and complex structures to life, and we have construction expertise across the entire property sector. Our work to date of current and completed projects comprises more than 1000 jobs with a combined value of more than $80 billion, and the financial strength and global relationships of our parent company Brookfield continues to drive our growth today.
Building our Talent
Due to multiple Defence focused project opportunities coming up, we are seeking applications from experienced Design Managers who have solid & proven experience working on large scale Defence construction projects for Capital Facilities and Infrastructure (CFI) Branch of the Department of Defence.
Initially the role will be to provide Defence specific Design Management leadership on a multi-million dollar opportunity, with significant scope to further adapt the role and continue to assist in the pursuit of the large upcoming pipeline of Victorian, and National Defence based construction projects.
If you have been working for a Defence PMCA or Design Consultancy and are keen to gain experience on the Contracting side of the business, or working for a Contractor to deliver Managing Contractor services, then we have the flexibility to adapt the role and key accountabilities through blending experience in our teams to suit any of these backgrounds.
- Interact with key Defence project stakeholders in a collaborative manner
- Manage and input into the production of project briefs and requirements
- Prepare accurate project plans and programs for large scale construction projects
- Procure and manage external design and specialist consultants
- Manage and produce project reporting and project approval documentation
- Analyse documentation in order to develop an optimal, and if required alternative design solution for the client. This will include liaison with technical authorities to discuss alternative solutions
- Challenge program proposals to maximise efficiency
- Strategically advising outcomes and direction
- Keep abreast of market influences and trends
Key Skillset Required:
- Must have proven experience and exposure to construction & engineering projects
- Must have proven experience in the delivery of projects for Defence Infrastructure projects
- Strong experience and knowledge of delivery of projects for CFI utilising DEQMS
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications - Building, Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying
- Accurate and complex reporting capabilities
- Solid analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A proven ability to work as part of a team
Why join Multiplex?
Our business is built on our people. People who are impactful thinkers that seek rewarding partnerships with others and thrive in a culture of empowerment.
Our people love exceeding expectations and enjoy a supportive environment and plenty of opportunity which enables everyone to flourish. We have an experienced team of people intent on turning problems into opportunities and tackling projects that others say can't be done. Our innovative spirit has driven us for more than 55 years and made us a business that our people are proud of.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Multiplex we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workforce. We strongly encourage applications from people of all genders and walks of life. We offer flexibility in how our people work and value the ongoing development of all staff. We have competitive parental leave policies and have a variety of employee benefits.
Please note: this role is being sourced through Multiplex directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies